Liberation: Navigating the Mess to Be Yourself
Today, we hear from D.L. McKinney, a brilliant, brave, and badass human and educator, activist, and big-hearted change agent.
Over the last few weeks, we've heard from leaders in our series unpacking L3 Catalyst Group's Ls: Learn, Lead, & Liberate.
At L3 Catalyst Group, we believe that liberation is the goal. We work for liberation in our beloved community because we are interconnected. Together, we build bridges to disrupt oppression at personal, interpersonal, organizational, and systemic levels. We work to envision and make real a liberatory future of equitable outcomes not for profit.
Heartfelt thanks to you, D.L., for sharing your wise reflections with us.
Fellow leaders and learners, I wish you courage, rest, and beloved community along the journey.
Click here to access D.L.'s Video.
In humility and solidarity,
What D.L. is listening to:
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
Questions for Consideration from D.L.:
- How do personal and collective liberation intersect?
- What obstacles or challenges do you see in achieving liberation?
- Are there systemic or individual barriers that still need to be addressed?
- What does liberation mean to you?
L3 Catalyst Group Blogs Related to Learning & Leadership:
- Dissipating the Shadow of Expertise by Dr. Marlene Kowalski-Braun
- Leadership Toward Liberation by Jazz McKinney
- Leading for Racial Change Starts Within by Dr. Trudi Perkins
- Staying Curious to Learn by Holly Bechiri
- Leading by Example by Ken Miguel-Cipriano
- Be the Change by Bela Bhasin
- Learning is Relationship by Natalie Williams
- Creating Learning Environments by Megan Kizer
- Unlearning and Learning
- Leadership + Learning + Perfection
December 13, 2023